Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Positively: Your Turn To Be A Square! (CONTEST!)

A little over three months ago I started Positively Square and it has been so wonderful.  I have received emails from so many of you and sent out Positively Square cards to 11 states all over the country and today I just mailed squares over to Singapore!


There is a bar called Muddy Waters just down the block from me that I go to often and the other week two of my friends and I left behind three Positively Square cards to our waitress who gave us beyond amazing customer service (and also a slice of some wickedly awesome cake..on the house!).  Today I received a text from my friend who works there saying that the squares were up on the wall at Muddy Waters!  


As I read this text message the biggest smile was on my face.  Positively Squares are slowly making their way around!  Last week I got a message via Pintest from a girl who lives in Montana saying that she found a Positively Square card in a museum!  I love it. 


So what inspired all of this was the book Start Something That Matters written by the founder of TOMS shoes Blake Mycoskie.  I was given two copies of this book and was chosen to write a review of it and to come up with a contest to give away the second copy.  I started something that matters and now I want someone else to read this amazing book.  It tells the story of TOMS and how he started it all with just a simple idea.  There are so many other success stories that are shared, such as how Method got started (Target shoppers would know this cleaning brand!)  This book is just..simply inspiring.  It is not just for entrepreneurs, this book is for anyone that wants to read about good people doing amazing things in this world.  That you can do whatever you want to do and that you can start doing that something right now!  


T H E   C O N T E S T: 


1) Take a Positively Square card (you can make up a square if you don't have one or I can mail some out to you!) write a positive message on it for a stranger or for someone you know.


2) Take a picture of your square as you are about to leave it behind.  


3) Upload it to Positively Square's Facebook Page. (or email it to positive.square@gmail.com).  


4) Vote by "liking" on Facebook  what Positive Square picture /story you enjoyed the most!  (tell your family and friends about Positively Square to get their votes!) 


The photo / story that receives the most "likes" on Facebook by 3/15/11 will get their own copy of Start Something That Matters!


Thank you all so much for supporting this simple idea and for making it matter! 


Write Positive.  Post Proudly.
-Kirsten


ˆ

No comments:

Post a Comment