Thursday, January 26, 2012

Positively: Children's Hospital and Clinics of Minnesota

On my walk over to the Children's Hospital and Clinics of Minnesota there was a small floral shop; I thought it would be nice to leave some flowers around the waiting rooms along with some Positively Squares cards.  I was hoping to find some happy daises but all I could find were a handful of tulips.  As I continued on my way I realized that I had no clue as to what to expect or even what to write when I got to the hospital.  


When I walked through the front doors I slowly took in my surroundings.  Down the hall there was a woman being broadcasted with a puppet next to her both reading off bingo numbers (kids were calling in that won...this made me laugh to myself)  On the other side was a cafeteria where good moms and dads who had to take off from work were seated with their kids eating lunch.  As I sat from afar I studied their faces.  Moms and dads for the most part were extremely quite, looking across the table at their spouse in silence while their kids happily sucked down juice boxes...maybe not knowing what they were doing there or maybe knowing but in this tiny moment were completely happy with life, sometimes just being next to your parents can do that.   

Some nurses practically fell onto the chairs where they let out a sigh of exhaustion.  One nurse in particular had no expression at all on his face, either from numbness to whatever he was going through or it could just be he was in need of a bed and a pillow.  

As I sat writing I realized that these kids needed some positivity but more importantly I found out the staff and parents needed it more.  I went to five different waiting rooms throughout the Children's hospital, leaving behind 32 squares for parents, kids, and staff:   











The last message was my favorite to share.  Be silly, keep smiling.  Even if you are perfectly healthy it is an important thing to remember!  If you want share this and keep the positive message going please do!  And if you would like some squares of your own please email:  positive.square@gmail.com

This was an amazing experience and I can not wait to see where these squares end up next!

Write Positive.  Post Proudly 
- Kirsten











No comments:

Post a Comment