Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Unexpected Positively

The other night I was at bus stop going downtown, upset that I had a cold on New Years Eve.  A man who was waiting for the same bus started talking to me.  Like most common bus commuters I was stand offish and uninviting when he started listing what happend to him that day.  He was sore from a bone marrow donation he did for his 19 year old niece who was diagnosed with Leukemia recently.  He talked about how he would cut off his leg for her, that no one that age deserved what she is going through.  


I didn't know how to respond.  What words would offer comfort for someone going through this emotional and physical pain?  The bus rolled up and before I could say something of substance we were sitting on opposite ends.  I felt so ridiculous only moments ago I was feeling sorry for myself being sick this time of year when things could be far worse.  Then it hit me, I now carry Positively Square cards with me at all times.  I pulled one out and wrote on the back "Whatever happens, I hope everything works out"  As I left the bus I handed it to the man and walked off.  His story he shared with me was just as unexpected as my note was to him.   


Positively Square cards I created to impact other's lives but it is also impacting mine and making me see there is so much to be positive and simply happy about in my own life. 


Write Positive. Post Proudly. 
-Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment